Las Vegas Hotel Owner Disputes Shooting TImeline




 

After Las Vegas police offered new details about the timeline of the October 1 mass shooting, the company that owns the hotel where the shooting happened is saying it disagrees with the description of how events unfolded.

On October 1, a gunman shot and killed at least 58 people from the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino as they attended the Route 91 Harvest music festival on the Las Vegas Strip, according to police. The suspect later took his own life. Investigators are still searching for a motive.

At his most recent press conference, on Monday, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Sheriff Joe Lombardo said the suspect checked into the hotel on September 25, not September 28, as the police had previously said. In another change to the police timeline, Lombardo said a hotel security guard named Jesus Campos encountered the suspect prior to the shooting, not after. The sheriff also said the suspect had gambled the night before the shooting.

But MGM Resorts, the company behind the Mandalay Bay hotel, is disputing that timeline. "This remains an ongoing investigation with a lot of moving parts," MGM Resorts spokesperson Debra DeShong said in a statement Tuesday night. "As evidenced by law enforcement briefings over the past week, many facts are still unverified and continue to change as events are under review. We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline that has been communicated publicly, and we believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate." DeShong added that the company would not be commenting further at this time.

Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo, left, speaks at a news conference on October 4, days after a gunman killed at least 58 people in Las Vegas. MGM Resorts, which owns the hotel from where the shooting happened, disputes law enforcement's timeline of the event. Ethan Miller/Getty

The statement suggests that MGM Resorts has its own information about the incident. The company so far is facing at least one lawsuit from a survivor of the shooting, alleging negligence.

The Las Vegas police department has said it is not commenting on the incident outside of its press conferences. The next press conference is scheduled for Friday.

COMMENTS

More Related News

Mandalay Bay Security Guard Shot By Gunman Appears To Have Gone Into Hiding
Mandalay Bay Security Guard Shot By Gunman Appears To Have Gone Into Hiding

Where is Jesus Campos, the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino security guard shot earlier this month during a confrontation with the Las Vegas gunman?

Las Vegas tourism sees changes in aftermath of shooting
Las Vegas tourism sees changes in aftermath of shooting

Las Vegas' tourism sector is bracing for changes in the aftermath of the massacre that killed 58 people at an outdoor music festival. Analysts who closely track the finances of the city's casino companies ...

Hawaiians aim to help heal Las Vegas, survivors of shooting
Hawaiians aim to help heal Las Vegas, survivors of shooting

LAS VEGAS (AP) - A group of Hawaiians who now make their homes in Las Vegas on Saturday joined others who still live in the islands to bring the city's people a special lei (LAY) braided with leaves from a sacred plant in a gesture they hope will bring peace and healing after the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

Victim of Las Vegas shooting wakes up from coma after bullet struck her forehead
Victim of Las Vegas shooting wakes up from coma after bullet struck her forehead

Tina Frost, 27, woke from a coma on Friday to take her first steps since sustaining a bullet to the forehead from being shot by Stephen Paddock on the Oct. 1 mass shooting in Las Vegas.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Latin America

facebook
Hit "Like"
Don't miss any important news
Thanks, you don't need to show me this anymore.