49ers are a near-unanimous pick to beat the Saints in Week 12




 

Talk about wisdom of the crowd. There aren't many observers on the outside looking in who like the New Orleans Saints on Sunday - according to NFL expert picks surveyed by NFL Pickwatch, an overwhelming majority of 98% of game picks favor the San Francisco 49ers in Week 12, as of Friday morning at 9 a.m. CT. That leaves just a 2% minority of brave souls who are going against the current.

It's a bold strategy; let's see how it works out for them. The Saints are catching the 49ers at a bad time. San Francisco rallied after their midseason trade for star running back Christian McCaffrey and a recent bye week to win three games in a row. They don't have many names on the injury report, they've found their identity, and they're averaging 8.2 more points per game since the McCaffrey trade. They're dangerous, even if quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo has some well-known limitations as a passer.

Things are improving for the Saints, who saw many of their injured players practice on at least a limited basis this week. They're coming off a much-needed win last week with some momentum behind them. But they're still a 4-7 team with all the flaws that record implies. It's not likely Andy Dalton can sustain his sky-high efficiency from a week ago. With the 6-4 Niners up next, they'll need to pull out all the stops for an upset.

List

Predicting the Saints' final regular-season record for 2022

 

Story originally appeared on Saints Wire

COMMENTS

More Related News

The Half Moon Bay Shooting Victims Have Been Identified And The Suspected Shooter Has Been Charged With Murder
The Half Moon Bay Shooting Victims Have Been Identified And The Suspected Shooter Has Been Charged With Murder
  • US
  • 2023-01-26 17:53:18Z

The suspect, 66-year-old Chinese national Chunli Zhao, is being held without bond.View Entire Post ›

After Chesa Boudin, new San Francisco DA cracks down on crime, but anti-cop views stall progress
After Chesa Boudin, new San Francisco DA cracks down on crime, but anti-cop views stall progress
  • US
  • 2023-01-26 07:00:00Z

After a district attorney recall thrusted Brooke Jenkins into power this summer, the new DA has been tougher on crime, a San Francisco activist told Fox News...

Half Moon Bay shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder allegedly felt
Half Moon Bay shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder allegedly felt 'disrespected'
  • US
  • 2023-01-26 06:01:33Z

Prosecutors on Wednesday filed seven murder charges and one attempted murder charge against the man accused of gunning down farm workers Monday in the quaint...

Judge orders release of body camera video and 911 call from Paul Pelosi attack
Judge orders release of body camera video and 911 call from Paul Pelosi attack
  • US
  • 2023-01-26 05:34:04Z

A coalition of news organizations will gain access Thursday to all courtroom evidence from last year's attack on Paul Pelosi, the husband of Nancy Pelosi.

California Half Moon Bay shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder: DA
California Half Moon Bay shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder: DA
  • US
  • 2023-01-26 02:57:09Z

The suspect in a deadly mass shooting in Half Moon Bay, California, was charged with seven counts of murder, the local district attorney said.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: Football