Keanu Reeves gets restraining order against alleged stalker who said he'd sign over his 'rights' to the actor




  • In US
  • 2023-02-02 23:26:58Z
  • By LA Times
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 04: Keanu Reeves attends the MOCA Gala 2022 at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA on June 04, 2022 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - JUNE 04: Keanu Reeves attends the MOCA Gala 2022 at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA on June 04, 2022 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic)  

A man accused of repeatedly trying to break into Keanu Reeves' home and leaving behind a DNA testing kit has been directed to stay away from the actor under a court order.

Reeves said he has suffered emotional distress due to the harassment and stalking, according to an application for a temporary restraining order filed Tuesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

Brian Keith Dixon, 38, allegedly trespassed on the actor's property at least six times between November and January.

During one uninvited visit, Dixon tried to break into Reeves' home, then fell asleep in his backyard, according to the application for a restraining order. He returned the next day, again tried to break into Reeves' home, then left behind a backpack with a DNA testing kit, an alarming note addressed to Reeves and photographs.

Dixon intended to use the kit on Reeves to show that they are somehow related, according to the application for a restraining order.

Surveillance footage allegedly showed Dixon continuing to trespass on Reeves' property.

The Los Angeles Police Department has an ongoing criminal investigation into Dixon, and police recommended Reeves seek a restraining order against him, according to court records.

Reeves' attorney, Mathew Rosengart, filed the petition against Dixon, who appears to not have a permanent address. According to the application, Dixon has a delusional obsession with Reeves and a criminal history in Rhode Island, with charges including possession of burglary tools, vandalism and disorderly conduct.

Dixon also has posted alarming messages and images of Reeves on his Facebook page saying that he would sign over his "rights" to Reeves and that the actor could be "in charge" of him, according to the court filings. He referred to himself as "Jasper Keith Reeves" in one post.

The court granted Reeves' application Wednesday and ordered Dixon to stay at least 100 feet away from Reeves and his partner.

It was not clear whether Dixon had been served with the court order.

This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.

COMMENTS

More Related News

California city pays $750k to Jewish man accusing cops of painting swastika in car
California city pays $750k to Jewish man accusing cops of painting swastika in car
  • US
  • 2023-03-21 14:47:30Z

Kiley Swaine filed suit against Torrance after his car was seized by officers during arrest and came back defaced

California braces for next bout of heavy rain, snow and high winds
California braces for next bout of heavy rain, snow and high winds
  • US
  • 2023-03-21 10:08:10Z

The latest spate of harsh wintry weather churning from the Pacific bore down on storm-weary California on Tuesday, with forecasters warning of wind gusts...

Former federal corrections officer sentenced to 10 years for raping female inmate in Los Angeles
Former federal corrections officer sentenced to 10 years for raping female inmate in Los Angeles
  • US
  • 2023-03-21 06:34:35Z

Former federal corrections officer Jose Viera received a maximum sentence at a hearing Monday, after he pleaded guilty to raping a female inmate in 2020.

'John Wick' stars honor late co-star Lance Reddick
  • US
  • 2023-03-21 05:58:34Z

Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne were among the "John Wick: Chapter 4" stars honoring Lance Reddick, their co-star who died unexpectedly last week, at the...

Los Angeles schools to close Tuesday as strike goes forward; negotiations at a standstill
Los Angeles schools to close Tuesday as strike goes forward; negotiations at a standstill

The Los Angeles school system will be closed Tuesday because of a planned strike by tens of thousands of teachers and other school employees.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked with *

Cancel reply

Comments

Top News: US