A North Carolina man was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole after pleading guilty in the kidnapping and death of a woman who disappeared in Greenville County, South Carolina, last year, according to a release from the South Carolina U.S. District Attorney.
Daniel Glen Printz pleaded guilty to kidnapping Edna Suttles and taking her across state lines, which eventually led to her death.
Investigators said Printz has also been connected to the disappearance or death of three other women - Dolores Sellers in Mecklenburg County, Nancy Rego in Gaston County and Leigh Goodman in Gaston County.
"Printz is a monster who has a long history of targeting, kidnapping, and killing women, causing unimaginable loss to his victims and their families," said U.S. Attorney Corey F. Ellis for the District of South Carolina.
According to the release, evidence shows Printz traveled from his North Carolina home to Travelers Rest, where he met Suttles at a Food Lion grocery store before the two traveled back to Suttles' house.
Later that afternoon, Printz and Suttles returned to the grocery store parking lot, where Printz was caught on surveillance video moving a sedated Suttles from her car into his. Printz then drove Suttles' car to a nearby hotel parking lot, where he was seen wiping down the inside and outside of the car.
PAST COVERAGE: Rutherford County man says he's killed 4 people, warrants say
Printz later drove the body across state lines back to his house in Bostic, North Carolina.
Suttles was reported missing by co-workers when she didn't show up to work the next day.
Investigators said they found Suttles' body on May 17 in a wooded area in Rutherfordton, North Carolina, they said. Deputies said she had been missing since Aug. 27, 2021.
Printz, of Rutherford County, was already in jail on charges linked to her disappearance when her body was found. According to a Feb. 23 warrant, he was charged with grand larceny after investigators found him driving Suttles' car.
Investigators previously said Printz admitted to killing four people. According to a search warrant, he told investigators during one of his interviews he wanted to admit his "sins," knowing he would probably spend the rest of his life in prison.
Printz' criminal history also includes a 1997 conviction from Michigan for kidnapping another woman, for which he was sentenced to 13 to 20 years in prison.
He was released in 2009 and his parole ended in 2011. He also had prior convictions for firearm possession and assault and battery.
Printz was sentenced to life in prison the same day he pleaded guilty. There is no parole in the federal system and Printz waived his right to challenge his conviction or sentence through his plea agreement.
PREVIOUS: Officials: Missing NC woman's body found; discovery linked to man who confessed to 4 murders
Although the maximum penalty for his conviction would be the death penalty, in exchange for his cooperation in the case of Suttles' and the three other women, Printz agreed to plead guilty to an offense that carries a mandatory life sentence instead.
Because of that, the government will not seek the death penalty against him.
The case was investigated by the FBI, The Greenville County, South Carolina sheriff's Office, the Rutherford County, North Carolina Sheriff's Office, and the United States Attorney's Offices for the Western District of North Carolina and the District of South Carolina.
(WATCH BELOW: Rutherford County man says he's killed 4 people, warrants say)